Of all the interesting stuff Apple discussed, the one that made me go “WOW” was Focus. It is something that I always wanted on my phone. Ever since we’ve been working from home for over a year now, it has been very challenging for me to disconnect, to have that clear separation between your work and personal life.
Some of the key points on this feature from yesterday’s keynote:
- Filter notifications and apps based on what a user wants to focus on
- Customers can create their custom focus or select a suggested Focus
- Focus suggestions are based on users’ context, like their work hours or while they are winding down for bed
- When Focus is set on one Apple device, it automatically applies to their other Apple devices.
- You can create Home Screen pages with apps and widgets that apply to the moment of focus to reduce temptation
I would have been happy with just notifications..but trust Apple to go two steps further with even allowing you to customise your home screen and widgets. And also syncing it across all your devices!
Can’t wait to get my hands on the beta to start playing around with Focus!
Which features are you looking forward to?