We are all born with this very special gift of magic. It is an immeasurable power, yet is so simple that we often overlook or dismiss it. Each and every one of us has it, yet my guess is that you don’t realize that, just by tapping into this power, you can create a life beyond your wildest dreams. How can you truly and most easily have everything that you want?
As the Beatles said so succinctly, “All you need is love!” Love is the answer to everything.
Let’s take a moment to break it down, so you know how it really works.
Harvard Research done over the past 20 years has proven that when your brain is in a state of happiness, you will have success in virtually every area of your life, both personally and professionally.
And what does it mean to be truly happy? No, it’s not spending the week in the Caribbean or a Disney World vacation. Although these activities can provide fun and loving memories, this is not the “happiness” I am speaking of. When you are authentically happy, you love yourself from the inside out.
Studies show that at least 90 percent of happiness comes from self-love. Loving ourselves is an inside job. It is not to be confused with any form of conceit or narcissism, which isn’t love at all.
Here are seven things you can do to begin filling your own love tank:
1. Be kind to yourself. Love yourself and tell yourself often. Say to yourself, “I love you _____ .” See the greatness in you. Say only loving positive and kind things about yourself, to both yourself and others.
2. Communicate clearly with loving words to others. Say what you mean with love. Words are very powerful. Never ever diminish a person while speaking about them to another person, but build them up by sharing the qualities you truly enjoy in them.
3. Take time for “just you” everyday to increase your calmness. Make it a requirement. Reflect and spend time alone through meditation, prayer, yoga or just being quiet.
4. Take inspired and focused action to turn your dreams into reality.Calmness allows inspiration to flow to you.
5. Smile and laugh a lot… all day long. The simple act of smiling is proven to make you feel better immediately. Just imagine how you would feel if you smiled throughout the day!
6. Make choices and decisions that feel good for you. Only you know what is right for you. Don’t make promises you don’t want to make or you cannot keep.
7. Include things you enjoy and are passionate about in your day, every day, even if only for a short period of time.
As you feel more love for yourself, you will have more love to give to others. It happens effortlessly. The more we see the beauty in ourselves, the more naturally we see the magnificence in others. We stop finding fault with others and we create relationships at levels we never thought possible. When we feel more love for ourselves and others, our behavior changes. And it changes in every area of our lives as we realize the power that we have to create whatever it is that we want.